Terms and Conditions of Booking
1. A Provence Painting Vacation (PPV) with accommodation and workshops are offered by Art by Wietzie (ABW) to the Client. Airfare is not included.
2. To reserve your PPV, the Client should book by email to email@example.com or by completing the registration form. A non-refundable deposit of $600 is due at the time of registration, and payment can be made by PayPal or bank transfer. On receiving the deposit amount, ABW will send a confirmation email - this is a formal acceptance of the booking and represents an agreement by both parties to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
3. The balance of the PPV is payable not less than 8 weeks before the start date. For bookings made less than 8 weeks in advance of the start of the art vacation, the full amount must be paid at the time of the booking. If payment is not received by that 8 week date, ABW reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. If you cancel your booking 4-6 weeks before the start date you will get 50% of your booking refunded. If you cancel 2-4 weeks before the start date, 25% will be refunded to you. In the case of cancellation less than 2 weeks from the start date, no refund is offered. Any bank charges on refunds will also be deducted from any refund as they are at your expense.
4. If for any reason the PPV is cancelled by ABW, the full payment, including deposit, will be 100% reimbursed immediately. We only refund our own PPV fees, we do not refund the cost of travel or other third party costs.
5. If an instructor has to withdraw at the last minute due to illness, incapacity, or circumstances beyond our control, we will aim to replace them with an instructor of equal standing and qualifications and the PPV will go ahead.
The Client is required to arrange comprehensive travel insurance, including trip cancellation and liability cover, full cover for their (or their party’s) personal belongings, accident and emergency cover, etc., since these are not covered by ABW’s insurance.
6. ABW shall not be liable to the Client for:
i. Any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the location of the PPV, nor in the respect of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the property or garden;
ii. Any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond ABW control;
iii. Any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to, or suffered by, the Client if the PPV location shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the vacation period - in any such event the ABW shall, within seven days of notifying the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the PPV (excluding travel);
iv. Any accident, damage, loss or inconvenience the Client or any member of the Client’s party may suffer arising out of, or in connection with the PPV or resulting from any cause whatsoever;
v. Personal belongings are at the Client’s risk at all times.
7. The Client shall accept responsibility for the safety of their person and all members of their party at all times and at the start of the PPV period they will carefully read the welcome manual which contains important safety information. ABW takes no responsibility for the safety of guests.
8. Under no circumstances shall ABW’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to ABW for the PPV.
9. It is with regret that ABW is unable to fully accommodate guests with wheelchairs or those who require the use of lifts due to the nature of the workshop locations.
10. No pets are permitted.
11. For the comfort of all guests, smoking is not permitted inside Bastide La Belle.
12. Pick up and drop offs for PPV with ABW: complimentary transfers are offered on the first and last days of the vacation. If you need to arrive or depart outside of the designated pick-up times, or if you require a transfer from a different location, private transfers can be arranged at extra cost.